A healthy mixture I threw in a pan together after traveling and craving nutrients, this colorful skillet helped jump-start my day during a very busy month. I definitely recommend recreating this with whatever vegetables you currently have, but it certainly was delicious to combine zucchini, tomato and sweet potato in this way. Tag me in your versions of this one to be featured in the newly-announced Yolk Lover’s Guide!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced the short way
- 2 campari-sized tomatoes or a handful of cherry tomatoes, each sliced in half
- 1/4 sweet potato, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 avocado
- Olive oil
- Seasoning, as desired (I like to use a Tuscan spice mix and garlic salt, OR za’atar from Z&Z DC)
Estim. Prep & Cook Time: 15-20 mins.
- Wash and chop/slice your veggies, excluding the avocado for now.
- Coat the bottom of a medium-sized pan with olive oil and heat on medium low.
- When the olive oil is warm, add your chopped/sliced veggies to the pan. Let them sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. I like to add some garlic salt and Tuscan spice mix, or za’atar while they cook.
- Take this time to slice your avocado half, and save the rest for another recipe (or a snack).
- When the vegetables have started to brown slightly, carefully crack both eggs into the pan. Add a little more of your preferred seasoning on top of the eggs, if desired.
- Once the eggs begin to cook, and the egg whites turn white, cover the pan. I leave it covered long enough to let the egg whites cook fully while the yolk is still visible and runny, which takes about 5-7 minutes. Check the yolk texture by wiggling the pan, and remove from heat at your desired firmness.
- Let cool, and place your avocado slices on top of the veggies.
- This skillet is best enjoyed straight from the pan!
- Finally. savor your work, take a pic, tag me, and enjoy.