You know what combination goes together like two peas in a pod? Peas and prosciutto! All that salty, umami goodness just works. I figured the only thing that could improve those flavors was a runny egg – so I tried it! And it was delicious! Read below for the very quick and easy how-to.
- About 3/4 cup canned peas (I used sweet peas but any kind will work)
- A few pieces of prosciutto
- 1 egg
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: about 10 mins
- Heat a little bit of oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat.
- Drain the canned peas and add them to the pan. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Drape the pieces of prosciutto around the perimeter of the inside of the pan – forming a lovely, imperfect ring.
- Create a space in the middle of the peas for the egg, and crack the egg into the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes (you want to give the egg white time to cook over the yolk, but the yolk to stay runny).
- Wiggle the pan slightly to make sure the yolk is still soft, and remove from heat when the egg white on top is cooked to your liking.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your meal and tag me on Instagram so I can see it!