This breakfast looks fancy but requires so little work. I love starting my day with a batch of them and saving some for lunch at the office. My favorite variation uses prosciutto, but this recipe works great with bacon if that’s what you have.
- 4 strips of prosciutto or bacon
- 2 or 3 pieces of bread (softer bread works best – can be skipped if gluten free!)
- 4 eggs
- Optional ingredients such as tomato, bell pepper, cheese, spinach, basil or small pieces of sausage or potato
- Seasoning of your choice
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat 4 sections of a muffin tin with baking spray.
- Wrap one slice of uncooked prosciutto around the sides of each muffin tin section. It’s okay if it overlaps a bit.
- Use a shot glass to cut out 4 small round pieces of bread – the goal is to make them roughly the size of the bottom of the muffin holes. Use your fingers, a roller, or the side of a cup to flatten each bread circle. Place one bread circle into each prosciutto-wrapped section. (NOTE – this recipe will still work if you want to skip the bread. I just like it as a little base for the other ingredients).
- This part is versatile – you can add in cheese, spinach, basil, tomato, bell pepper, even small pieces of sausage or potato. Use whatever sounds good – just don’t pile too much on because you’ll need room for the egg on top.
- Crack an egg into each prosciutto cup, and season to your liking. I like to use salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven, and set a timer for 20 minutes. Check on the cups after 15 minutes. I usually let them go the full 20 so the egg whites set but the yolks still move around when you wiggle the muffin tin.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then remove each bacon cup from the muffin using a ladle or your hands. I use a knife to loosen the edges first.
- Take foodporn pictures. Tag me. Dig in.
Bacon potato cups filled w/ spinach, parmesan & tomato 😍😱 happy hump day all! - #humpday #breakfast #brunch #breakfastinspo #bacon #baconporn #sweetpotato #frenchfries #eggs #bakedeggs #yolk #yolkporn #cooking #food #foodpics #foodporn #foodie #homemadefood #dcigers #dcfoodie #eeeeats #showmeyoureggs #WHstrong #foodandwine
Hope you had a Merry Christmas, if you celebrate! Trying to figure out what other eggs to make for the fam while I'm home... 🍳🥓 #breakfast #brunch #breakfastinspo #eggs #bakedeggs #eggcups #egginabasket #yolk #yolkporn #bacon #baconporn #baconwrapped #food #foodpics #foodporn #foodie #pnw #pnwfood #seattlefoodie #dcigers #dcfoodie #eeeeats #christmasfood #showmeyoureggs #WHstrong
***Updated w/ recipe below*** If you can't find me its bc I died and went to heaven 😱 Finally tried eggs in prosciutto baskets w/ a small piece of toast, tomato, & parmesan under the eggs. New all-time favorite 😍 *Recipe* (a hybrid of multiple I found online): -Preheat oven to 400 degrees. -Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter (I did cooking spray to be quicker before work) -Wrap strips of prosciutto around each muffin tin (do as many as you want – I only had 4 strips left so I made 4) -Use a shot glass to cut a small circular piece of bread for each tin – flatten each circle with your fingers before placing inside the prosciutto circles at the bottom of each tin. -You can get creative here: I cut up cherry tomatoes into small pieces and put them on top of the bread circles (as flat as possible) in each tin, and then sprinkled parmesan cheese. But you could use other veggies like bell pepper or zucchini or any other kind of cheese. Whatever sounds good – just don’t pile too much on because you’ll need room for the egg on top. -Crack an egg into each prosciutto circle. -Season with whatever you like. I did salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. -Cook times for this recipe vary. I set my timer for 20 mins, checked it after 15, and decided to let it go a the full 20 so the egg whites would solidify more – but the yolks still looked runny. They turned out ideal! -They should be pretty easy to scoop out of the muffin tin. I used a knife to loosen the edges first. -Take foodporn-esque pictures. Dig in. (If you want to find more recipes online, search “egg in bacon baskets” or “egg in prosciutto baskets”) #nom #mondaymotivation #breakfast #brunch #egginabasket #eggs #bakedeggs #yolkporn #putaneggonit #breakfastideas #prosciutto #bacon #cooking #quickmeal #whatiateforbreakfast #onmytable #whatsonmyplate #food #foodpics #foodporn #foodie #eeeeeats #dcigers #dcfoodie #dcfoodporn #dceats #washingtondc