This is one of the first meals I made in the new apartment I moved into this month – the beginning of my foray into electric stove cooking. I was delighted to find that frying eggs on an electric stove isn’t so hard (poaching is a whole other story) and that creating this fast food-inspired breakfast was surprisingly easy. Try it out (and substitute other fun ingredients?), show me, and you might be featured in the Yolk Lover’s Guide!
- 2 English muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 Campari-sized tomatoes or about 4 cherry tomatoes
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Slice and toast the English muffins for 2-3 minutes.
- While the muffins toast, begin to fry your eggs. When I make this, I like the eggs to be perfect circles that will fit nicely in the sandwiches, so I place a circle-shaped cookie cutter in a frying pan, spray with olive oil, crack an egg into the cookie-cutter, and then fry on medium heat for a few minutes. At the last minute, I cover the pan with a lid to help the top of the egg white cook over, but make sure the yolk is still soft and runny (wiggle the pan to check).
- Slice the tomatoes thinly. If you’re fancy, heat them with a smidge of olive oil in a separate pan. If you like to save dishes (like me), heat the tomatoes in a little oil in the extra space in your egg pan, cooking them simultaneously. Either way, heat tomatoes on medium heat until soft and slightly browned.
- Place a piece of ham on the bottom slice of each English muffin.
- When the eggs are fried to your liking, place one on top of each ham slice.
- Place some tomato on top of each egg, and season to your liking.
- Place the top of slice of each English muffin on top to complete your sandwiches.
- Gently press down on the top of each sandwich to break the yolks, creating the perfect sandwich sauce.
- Take pictures of your gourmet McDonald’s look-a-like breakfast, tag me for a chance to be featured in the Yolk Lover’s Guide, and dig in.
Dressed up Meag McMuffins ☺️ happy Saturday to all! •••••• #weekendbreakfast #saturdaymorning #breakfastideas #brunchporn #eggmcmuffin #hygge #eggs #eggrecipes #friedeggs #putaneggonit #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #eggsandwich #breakfastsandwich #foodies #symmetrybreakfast #dcigers #dcfoodie #acreativedc #foodandwine #thrillist #giantfood #tjmaxx #ikeakitchen