Another simple breakfast taco recipe using soft boiled eggs made in my egg cooker! With guac as a primary ingredient. I’ll let you get right to the recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium sized tortillas (I used flour tortillas – use corn tortillas if you prefer)
- 1 cup guacamole (I opted to buy it fresh from my grocery store instead of making it)
- About 1/4 of a bell pepper or 2 mini bell peppers (I used one mini red pepper and one mini yellow paper)
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce (I used a specialty sauce available in Virginia, made by some friends. Use your favorite)
Serves: 2 people
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Start by browning the tortillas: I sprayed a frying pan with olive oil, put a tortilla in the pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds, then flip, and let sit for 20-30 more seconds (or until browned to your preference). Repeat with the other tortillas. This step isn’t required but hardens the tortillas a little, making them better at containing everything when you go to eat.
- Spread a layer of guac on each tortilla.
- Chop the bell pepper, then put a little more olive oil in the pan you used for the tortillas and sauté for a few minutes on medium heat.
- While the peppers cook, soft boil the eggs to your desired hardness. Note that my preferred method is to use this egg cooker to soft boil. In the meantime, here’s a soft boiled egg recipe.
- While the eggs are boiling, distribute the sautéed peppers evenly on top of the guac on each tortilla.
- When the eggs are finished boiling, place them in a bowl of cool water for a minute, then peel. Slice each egg in half, and place them on the tacos.
- Season the eggs however you’d like! I used an onion and herb spice mixture, and sea salt. Sprinkle cilantro on each taco, then drizzle your preferred hot sauce on top.
- Take pictures of your work, tag me, and nom on those tacos!