What I thought would be a quick add-on to instant ramen turned into one of the most delicious work-from-home lunches I’ve made in a while! All thanks to some remaining broccoli stems, oyster mushrooms, and fennel in the fridge that I needed to use, combined with the Mike’s Mighty Good ramen packet I found in my cupboard. Topped with a perfectly jammy soft boiled egg. Read on to make this yourself in no time!
- About a cup of whatever leftover veggies you have (I used chopped broccoli stems, chopped fennel bulbs and stems, and oyster mushrooms torn into strips)
- One packet of instant ramen (I used Mike’s Mighty Good veggie ramen)
- 1 egg
- Harissa for topping (optional)
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: about 20 mins
- Saute your chopped vegetables in a medium-large pan in some oil and garlic on medium heat. Season with salt and garlic powder. Stir occasionally and let cook until sizzling and slightly brown, about 7 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, soft boil the egg. (My preferred method is to use this egg cooker to soft boil. If you don’t have one, use this soft boiled egg recipe. You want the yolk to be jammy and soft, but firm enough to stay in place when you slice the egg.)
- Begin boiling water in a pot for the ramen noodles.
- As the water comes to a boil, remove the veggies from heat and set aside.
- Check on your egg, and set aside when finished cooking (depending on which method you used above, you may want to temporarily set it in an ice bath to stop further cooking)
- Cook instant ramen noodles in boiling water according to package instructions.
- Once noodles have cooked, remove from heat and stir in the flavor packets that came with the instant ramen.
- Transfer ramen and broth from the pot to a serving bowl.
- Add cooked veggies to the bowl, floating on top of the broth.
- Cut open your soft boiled egg, and gently place on top of your ramen liquid.
- Season the egg however you like, and top with harissa.
- Take pictures of your beautiful work and tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
View this post on Instagram
Rainy day ramen! 🍜🍳 Nothing like a bowl full of broth, noods, veggies and a jammy egg to brighten up this gloomy day ✨ I had some fennel, broccoli stems, and oyster mushrooms I needed to use, and a packet of @mikesmightygood in the cupboard, so this ramen lunch was born! I know I haven’t added new recipes to my website in forever, but this ramen has inspired me to do so because I just have to share how good it was. Stay tuned 😏 . . . . . #ramennoodles #ramen🍜 #ramenlover #ramenlove #mikesmightygood #jammyeggs #eggsofinstagram #breakfastlover #brunchrecipe #eggsfordays #eggrecipes #eggsellent #eggporn #egglover #softboiledegg #softboiledeggs #eggseggseggs #putaneggonit #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #dmvfood #dcfoodie #pinefor #eggsforbreakfast #dcfoodporn #dcfoodblog #bonappetitmag #quarantinecooking #quarantinefood #quarantinekitchen