This combo came together Sims style: What can I make out of these 5 ingredients I need to use before they go bad? Thus, these vegetarian-friendly sriracha mayo tacos with tomato, salsa, avocado and soft-boiled eggs were born! I used Sir Kensington’s sriracha mayo as the base, but you can mix together sriracha and regular mayonnaise, as well.
Note – in the photo, I made four tacos, but I wrote the recipe for two, so double the ingredients if you’re making four.
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium sized tortillas (I used Mission flour tortillas – use corn tortillas if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sriracha mayo (like this one, or mix your own using sriracha and mayo)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used medium red salsa)
- Taco-seasoned shredded cheese
- Seasoning of your choice
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Start by browning the tortillas: I sprayed a frying pan with olive oil, put a tortilla in the pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds, then flip, and let sit for 20-30 more seconds (or until browned to your preference). Repeat with the second tortilla. This step isn’t required but hardens the tortillas a little, making them better at containing everything when you go to eat.
- Spread a layer of sriracha mayo on each tortilla.
- Chop the tomatoes, then put a little more olive oil in the pan you used for the tortillas and sauté for a few minutes on medium heat.
- While the tomatoes cook, soft boil the eggs to your desired hardness. Note that I use this very useful egg cooker to soft boil, and have not developed a more traditional method yet. In the meantime, here’s a soft boiled egg recipe. I boiled them a little longer this time so the yolks would stay together when I sliced them.
- While the eggs are boiling, distribute the sautéed tomatoes evenly among both tortillas, and spoon a little salsa onto each. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cut the half avocado into slices (saving the other half for future use, or as a side for the tacos) and distribute evenly onto both tortillas. Because this is for Instagram, I like to spread the slices into cute little fans.
- When the eggs are finished boiling, place them in a bowl of cool water for a minute, then peel. Slice each egg into 4-5 pieces, and place them on the tacos.
- Season however you’d like! I used an onion and herb spice mixture, and sea salt.
- Take pictures of your work, tag me, and nom on those tacos!
P.S. – want to try the Sir Kensington’s sriracha mayo that I used? Here’s a coupon for $1 off!
View this post on Instagram
Sriracha mayo Taco Time 🌵recipe in bio 🌮 I'm SO happy w/ these 😍 ft. deelicious sriracha mayo by @sirkensingtons & eggs soft boiled in my Dash by @unprocessyourfood •••• #tacos #breakfasttacos #breakfastporn #brunch #brunchlife #huevos #mexicanfood #avocado #avocadolove #vegetarianfood #veggie #greenfood #eggs #softboiledegg #boiledegg #yolk #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #cooking #onmytable #food #foodpics #foodie #foodporn #eeeeats #dcigers #dcfoodie #foodandwine