Before adding eggs, this crostini combination was one of my favorite appetizers to bring to parties. One morning after such a party, I used the leftover prosciutto, goat cheese and arugula and added two poached eggs topped with drizzly olive oil and vinegar for breakfast. It was amazing. This time, I repeated that meal, but used soft-boiled eggs made in my egg cooker. Easier to eat (with your hands) and tasted heavenly!
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of a large baguette (I used an Italian baguette, so the bread was softer)
- 4 spoonfuls of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 large piece of prosciutto
- A few pieces of arugula
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Seasoning, as desired
Estim. Prep & Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Arrange 4 baguette slices on a baking sheet. If you have time, brush some olive oil on each slice, and sprinkle some salt.
- Broil the baguette slices for just under two minutes, and remove from the oven.
- Begin soft-boiling the eggs. As I mentioned above, I use this magical egg cooker that makes perfect boiled eggs every time. I lean toward boiling them longer, so the yolks are still jammy but not liquid anymore, so they stay together later when I slice the eggs.
- While the eggs boil, spread a spoonful of crumbled goat cheese onto each crostini slice.
- Cut your slice of prosciutto into 4 smaller pieces, and fold a piece onto each crostini slice.
- When the eggs are finished boiling, place in a small bowl of cold water for about a minute. Then, carefully peel them, and use a knife to cut each egg into slices (about 4 slices per egg).
- Place 2 egg slices on each crostini. Season to taste – I used a Tuscan spice mix.
- Place a few pieces of arugula on top of each crostini.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (careful – too much will drown the bread and eggs!).
- Take a bite, take a pic, tag me, and enjoy!
Prosciutto+arugula+goat cheese crostini w/ jammy yolks & drizzled olive oil. Hump day heaven 😋😇 •••••••••• #buongiorno #crostini #colazione #uova #goatcheese #prosciutto #breakfastporn #breakfastideas #brunchporn #eggs #softboiledegg #boiledegg #yolk #yolkporn #putaneggonit #showmeyoureggs #cooking #recipeideas #eeeeats #food #foodpics #foodporn #foodie #dcigers #dcfoodie #foodandwine @wapofood #humpday