This fresh summery pizza is how I began my first free Sunday morning in nearly a month. It only takes 10 minutes to bake, and tasted amazing with sriracha mayo as the base! I’ll be sharing more tips for quick breakfasts like this one in the new Yolk Lover’s Guide, which you can sign up for (free!) here.
- 2 eggs
- 2 small pieces of naan bread
- A few spoonfuls of sriracha mayo (I use this one by Sir Kensington’s)
- A few sliced pieces of zucchini and yellow squash
- A few pieces of arugula (optional)
- Za’atar seasoning (I use Z&Z DC’s), or any seasoning you prefer
- Optional: crushed red pepper (just enough to sprinkle on top)
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or baking spray.
- Poke a hole about 1 and half inches in diameter in the center of both naan pieces.
- Spread a layer of sriracha mayo on each naan piece.
- Cut a few pieces of zucchini and yellow squash into slices if you haven’t done so already. Place a few of each onto both pieces of naan.
- Season with za’atar or another spice mix you like.
- Place the naan on the baking sheet and carefully crack an egg into each hole in the naan.
- Place a few pieces of arugula around each egg, if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, but check on your pizzas at the 5 minute-mark. You want the egg whites to be turning white and starting to solidify, but the yolks to stay soft. 10 minutes total was the perfect amount of time for me.
- Remove pizzas from the oven, and sprinkle on some red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Cut each into 4 yolky slices, take pictures of your creation, and tag me to be featured in the new Yolk Lover’s Guide!
P.S. – want to try the Sir Kensington’s sriracha mayo that I used? Here’s a coupon for $1 off!