This was the week of naan pizzas – complete with a saltier, meatier version, compared to the zucchini/squash one I made previously. To contrast the prosciutto’s saltiness in this version, I baked the pizzas with tomato slices as a topping. I removed them for my photos, because I didn’t like how the colors were working together, but that was a mistake, because the pizzas needed some juicy sweetness for balance. I’ve added the tomatoes back in for the recipe below.
P.S. I’ll be sharing more tips for quick breakfasts like this one in the new Yolk Lover’s Guide, which you can sign up for (free!) here.
- 2 eggs
- 2 small pieces of naan bread
- A handful of shredded parmesan
- About 3 slices of prosciutto crudo
- A few cherry tomatoes
- A few pieces of arugula (optional)
- Seasoning of your choice
- Optional: crushed red pepper (just enough to sprinkle on top)
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or baking spray.
- Poke a hole about 1 and half inches in diameter in the center of both naan pieces.
- Sprinkle a layer of parmesan on each naan piece.
- Place a few sliced pieces of cherry tomato on top of the cheese.
- Place a few pieces of prosciutto (sort of in a wreath shape) onto both pieces of naan.
- Season to taste – I used a Tuscan spice mix.
- Place the pizzas on the baking sheet and carefully crack an egg into each hole in the naan.
- Place a few pieces of arugula around each egg, if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, but check on your pizzas at the 5 minute-mark. You want the egg whites to be turning white and starting to solidify, but the yolks to stay soft. 10 minutes total was the perfect amount of time for me.
- Remove pizzas from the oven, and sprinkle on some red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Use a pizza slicer to cut each into 4 yolky slices, take pictures of your creation, and tag me to be featured in the new Yolk Lover’s Guide!