I had extra smoked salmon from a previous recipe, so I created this quick, dressed up avocado toast to use it! If you make a similar avo toast, tag me, and you might be featured in the Yolk Lover’s Guide!
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1 avocado
- About 2 slices of smoked salmon (I used Alaskan sockeye)
- 2 eggs
- Seasoning as desired (I used Z&Z DC’s Za’atar Lebanese spice mixture)
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Toast bread.
- Begin soft-boiling the eggs. I use this egg cooker that makes perfect boiled eggs every time. I lean toward boiling them longer, so the yolks are still jammy but not liquid anymore, so they stay together later when I slice the eggs. Here’s a recipe for soft-boiling eggs on the stove.
- While the eggs boil, scoop out avocado flesh into a bowl, and mash it up with a fork.
- Use the back of the fork to spread a layer of avocado on both pieces of toast.
- Layer on a piece of smoked salmon on top of both avocado toasts.
- When the eggs are finished boiling, gently tap each one on a countertop to create a few micro-cracks (this makes them easier to peel later), then place in a small bowl of ice water for about a minute. Carefully peel them, and use a knife to cut each egg in half, then place 2 halves on each toast.
- Season as desired.
- Take pics for the #avotoast Insta, tag me for a chance to be featured in the Yolk Lover’s Guide, and enjoy!