This isn’t the first time you’ve seen me pair eggs with goat cheese and prosciutto. I can’t help myself. I buy the ingredients for one prosciutto crostini recipe and end up making a different breakfast out of all of them for weeks. No regrets. This particular version is a poached eggs benedict I made a long time ago, recently revived as a #TBT on Instagram. On my story, I asked if the recipe would be helpful, and 96% of followers said yes! So here you are: the fanciest poached eggs breakfast that’s actually quite easy to make.
- 4 eggs
- 2 english muffins, sliced (for a total of 4 slices)
- 2 tablespoons of goat cheese (solid, not crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 strips of prosciutto
- A few pieces of arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Fill 1/3 of a medium-large sized pot with water and bring to a boil for poaching the eggs, and toast the 4 english muffin slices.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each toasted english muffin slice.
- Then, spread a thin layer of apricot jam on top of the goat cheese on each slice.
- Pull each prosciutto strip in half to create 4 smaller strips, total. Place one on each english muffin, folding them to create multiple layers.
- At this point, the water will likely be boiling. Poach all 4 eggs in the same pot at once, using my poached eggs method, outlined here.
- When the eggs are poached to your liking, carefully remove them from the water one at a time using a slotted spoon, and place each one on top of the prosciutto on each english muffin.
- Place a couple small pieces of arugula (I rip full slices in half) on top of each egg.
- Slowly drizzle a few drops of balsamic vinegar on top of each egg. You can avoid accidentally dowsing the eggs by first pouring a bit of balsamic into a small spoon and then slowly drizzling it using the spoon.
- Season as desired – a little bit of salt was just enough for me.
- Admire your creation, take #yolkporn pics, tag me and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
#tbt • poached egg benedicts w/ goat cheese, prosciutto, apricot jam, balsamic glaze & arugula 😍time to make these again... •••••••••••••••• #throwbackthursday #tbtfood #breakfastporn #breakfastinspo #brunchporn #eggsbenedict #eggsbenny #eggs #eggslover #eggporn #eggrecipes #poachedeggs #putaneggonit #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #prosciutto #goatcheese #balsamico #foodporn #dcigers #dcfoodie #dmvfood #acreativedc #dcfoodporn #foodandwine #bonappetitmag #thrillistfoodporn #epicurious #food52