I was craving the flavors of a bagel sandwich, but I had run out of bagels. What better motivation do you need to try a new egg cup recipe? Lacking the carbs I was craving, I assembled all my favorite bagel toppings (cream cheese, eggs, smoked salmon, and cucumber) into these cute, healthier baked egg cups. The Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s was the perfect final touch!
- 1 entire packet of smoked salmon (like the flat envelopes you can get at the grocery store)
- 1 piece of bread of your choice (optional)
- About 3 Tbsp cream cheese (I used chive cream cheese)
- 4 eggs
- A few slices of cucumber
- As much Everything But The Bagel Seasoning as you want (available at Trader Joe’s, but you can mix it yourself too)
- Additional salt for seasoning the eggs if desired
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 4 sections of a muffin tin with cooking spray (or use a paper towel to wipe with oil).
- Line 4 of the muffin tin sections with pieces of smoked salmon in a circular cup shape. Use as much salmon as is needed to create fully enclosed cups for all 4 muffin tin sections.
- Rip or cut 4 small pieces of bread from the bread slice – each just about big enough to fit into the bottom of each muffin tin section. Place inside the salmon circles and press down on the bread with your fingers to flatten it a bit. (for a gluten free version of this recipe, leave out the bread).
- Distribute cream cheese evenly on top of all 4 pieces of bread.
- Crack an egg into each salmon cup, and sprinkle Everything But the Bagel seasoning on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-13 minutes, checking on the eggs every few minutes. You want the whites to be mostly firm, while the yolks remain soft and jammy. Use an oven mitt to lightly jiggle the muffin tin to see how well cooked the egg whites are.
- While the egg cups cook, slice the cucumber into small pieces, and sprinkle with salt.
- When the eggs are cooked to your desired firmness, remove from the oven and let cool for a minute.
- Use a butter knife to loosen each egg cup from the edge of their muffin tin sections, and transfer the cups to serving plate. Top each egg cup with a little more EBTB seasoning, then add the cucumber pieces.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your work and tag me for a chance to be featured on my Instagram Story or the Yolk Lover’s Guide.
View this post on Instagram
Omg you guys. Everything but the bagel egg cups were a success!! 🥒🍳 Wrapped in smoked salmon. Layered with melty cream cheese. Filled with baked egg. And topped with cucumber and @traderjoes iconic seasoning! These turned out SO good! 😋 I’m not sponsored for this post in any way - just love these products together. Can’t wait to get this new recipe up on my website! . . . . . #everythingbutthebagel #everythingbutthebagelseasoning #traderjoesrecipes #smokedsalmon #eggcups #eggcup #runnyyolk #eggsofinstagram #breakfastlover #brunchrecipe #eggsfordays #eggrecipes #eggsellent #eggporn #egglover #bakedeggs #putaneggonit #eggseggseggs #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #dmvfood #dcfoodie #eggsforbreakfast #dcdining #dcfoodporn #dcfoodblog #quarantinecooking #quarantinefood #quarantinekitchen #covidcooking