Are you a fan of oyster mushrooms? I have been obsessed with them in the last few weeks of quarantine as I’ve discovered how meaty and delicious they are – especially with eggs! They make a perfect alternative to sausage in a hash – so I sautéed them with basil for this easy work-from-lunch.
- 1 handful (about 3/4 cup) oyster mushrooms
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: about 15 mins
- Heat a little bit of oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat.
- Pull oyster mushrooms apart into smaller pieces and add to the pan.
- Season mushrooms with salt, a healthy amount of garlic powder.
- Add tomato paste to pan and mix together with mushrooms evenly.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms begin to brown and are slightly crispy on the edges.
- Add the basil leaves to the pan and stir. Add more oil if needed.
- Create a space in the middle of the pan for the egg, and crack the egg into the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes (you want to give the egg white time to cook over the yolk, but the yolk to stay runny).
- Wiggle the pan slightly to make sure the yolk is still soft, and remove from heat when the egg white on top is cooked to your liking.
- Add additional seasoning to taste, and serve.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your meal and tag me on Instagram so I can see it!