This recipe starts your day with a healthy kick of greens, and looks beautiful. I was inspired by this version from Bon Appetit mag (that is a little more involved) and adapted it into a quicker, possible-before-work meal. It’s great for weekend brunch, too, though – I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 5 oz spinach
- About 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- Red pepper flakes
- Optional: fresh bread for dipping
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 20 mins.
- Heat a little olive oil on medium heat in a medium-sized pan. Season with a touch of garlic and salt.
- Add a large handful of spinach, and stir in a bit more oil. As spinach wilts, add more, so there is a full, thick layer of spinach in the pan. Stir occasionally.
- When spinach is almost completely wilted and you’ve added enough that it’s covering the bottom of the pan in a thick layer, use a ladle to make two indents for the eggs.
- Crack an egg into each indent and continue to heat on medium.
- Once the eggs have started to cook for a few minutes, cover the pan to help the top of the egg whites cook. I leave it covered long enough to let the egg whites cook fully while the yolk is still visible, which takes about 3-5 more minutes.
- Optional: slice some fresh bread that you can dip into the spinach mixture while you eat later.
- When the eggs are cooked to your preference, remove from heat and add a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and any additional seasoning you prefer on top.
- Take pictures of your beautiful green meal and tag me!