Got tomato sauce and produce you need to use? Here’s your next brunch recipe. I put this together on one of those Saturday mornings when you want a real meal but are too lazy to leave the house for groceries.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to see! Tag me on Instagram, and you might end up featured in the Yolk Lover’s Guide.
- 2 eggs
- About half of a jar of tomato sauce of your choice
- Handfuls of produce for chopping and adding, such as:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell Pepper
- (use whatever you have!)
- Red pepper flakes and other seasoning of your choice
- I love adding garlic salt
- Bread for dipping
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 20 mins.
- Add sauce to a small-medium skillet and heat on medium.
- While the sauce warms up, stir in some seasoning, like red pepper flakes (for that “eggs in hell” spice) and/or garlic salt.
- As the sauce continues to heat, chop your produce into small pieces. Add to the sauce and stir.
- Use a ladle to make 2 indentations in the sauce, for the eggs.
- Carefully crack an egg into each indent, and continue to heat on medium.
- Stir the pasta and sauce a little, but not too much so you don’t disrupt the eggs cooking or accidentally break a yolk. The eggs will take around 10 minutes to cook.
- To help the eggs cook faster, you can cover the pan with a lid, checking on them every few minutes. I like mine a little runnier for #yolkporn photos. Let them cook to your desired firmness, then remove from heat.
- Let your brunch cool, scoop up some sauce with a piece of bread, take photos, and tag me!