Got tomato sauce and produce you need to use? Here’s your next brunch recipe. I put this together on one of those Saturday mornings when you want a real meal but are too lazy to leave the house for groceries.
- 2 eggs
- About half of a jar of tomato sauce of your choice
- Handfuls of produce for chopping and adding, such as:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell Pepper
- (use whatever you have!)
- Red pepper flakes and other seasoning of your choice
- I love adding garlic salt
- Bread for dipping
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 20 mins.
- Add sauce to a small-medium skillet and heat on medium.
- While the sauce warms up, stir in some seasoning, like red pepper flakes (for that “eggs in hell” spice) and/or garlic salt.
- As the sauce continues to heat, chop your produce into small pieces. Add to the sauce and stir.
- Use a ladle to make 2 indentations in the sauce, for the eggs.
- Carefully crack an egg into each indent, and continue to heat on medium.
- Stir the pasta and sauce a little, but not too much so you don’t disrupt the eggs cooking or accidentally break a yolk. The eggs will take around 10 minutes to cook.
- To help the eggs cook faster, you can cover the pan with a lid, checking on them every few minutes. I like mine a little runnier for #yolkporn photos. Let them cook to your desired firmness, then remove from heat.
- Let your brunch cool, scoop up some sauce with a piece of bread, take photos, and tag me!
Leftover produce & sauce + crispy sourdough = indulgent Sunday brunch! I’ve got similar recipes on meagseggs.com but I’ll put up this one specifically soon 😋 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• #sundaybrunchday #sundaybrunch #breakfastideas #breakfastrecipes #brunching #shakshuka #eggsinhell #eggsinpurgatory #eggs #eggslover #eggporn #bakedeggs #onepanmeal #poachedeggs #runnyyolk #putaneggonit #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #dcigers #dcfoodie #dcfood #dcfoodporn #dmvfood #pinefor #202creates #acreativedc #bythings #foodandwine #bonappetitmag #sourdoughbread