Cliché but true: When I returned to DC after the holidays, my body called for greens, stat. No more wine. Take a break from cheese. Give me leaves, please. And so I obliged.
If you make this recipe and post a pic, tag @meags_eggs on Instagram!
- 2 cloves of garlic (or some garlic powder in a pinch)
- 1 handful of broccoli
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of arugula (or other similar greens)
- 2 eggs
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces and saute in olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized pan for about 2 minutes.
- Chop the broccoli into smaller pieces, and slice the tomatoes in half.
- Saute the broccoli in the garlic/oil for a few minutes. I like to cover the pan with a lid to help them steam, too.
- Add the tomatoes and arugula, season as desired, and steam for another minute with the lid.
- Use a ladle to create two indentations for the eggs. Crack an egg into each spot and season as desired.
- Re-cover the pan with the lid and let the eggs cook for 6-7 minutes, allowing the egg whites to cook fully, while the yolks remain soft. Jiggle the pan every so often to check their progress.
- When the eggs are cooked to your desired firmness, remove from heat and serve. Smear the egg yolks and dip in some bread, if you want. Enjoy those greens!
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your creation and tag me for a chance to be featured on my Instagram Story or the Yolk Lover’s Guide.