You know when you wake up Sunday morning craving something substantial yet low effort? Something warm, and creamy, but not *quite* as unhealthy as everything you enjoyed on Saturday? That’s how this skillet came about.
I love mixing veggies with potatoes for my hash dishes, and the broccoli and chard here were a great addition. Since I happened to have some caramelized onion dip from Trader Joe’s on hand, I topped everything with that, too. Add the runny fried egg in the middle and you are Sunday brunching in no time!
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- About 2 cups chopped potatoes
- About a cup of broccoli
- A handful of chard leaves
- 1 egg
- Caramelized onion dip or other similar creamy savory dip for topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: about 15 mins
- Heat some oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat.
- While the pan warms, chop your potatoes and broccoli into 1/2 to 3/4 inch sized pieces. I used tiny potatoes, so I chopped them into quarters.
- Then chop your chard leaves to once or twice so the leaves are smaller, but not too small. They’ll reduce in size as you cook.
- Cook the garlic in your warm oil for about 2 minutes, until it begins to turn brown
- Add the potatoes and and broccoli to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 7 minutes, until all pieces start to get brown and crispy. Then add the chard and let cook for a minute or so.
- Create a space in the center of the pan, and crack the egg into it. Season the egg with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow everything to cook for 5-7 minutes more, until the egg whites have cooked but the yolk remains runny. (Keep an eye on the egg to make sure it doesn’t overcook. I like to gently wiggle the pan to check its runniness every so often)
- When the egg is cooked to your liking, remove from heat. Top with a dollop (or several) of your creamy onion dip (or whatever dip you’re using), and serve while hot.
- Take pictures of your beautiful work and tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
View this post on Instagram
Sunday brunch skillet 🙌🏽 with garlicky hashbrowns, broccoli, chard, and fried egg, topped with @traderjoes caramelized onion dip, cause, why not 🤷♀️ • • • • • #eatvoraciously #oniondip #breakfasthash #recipeidea #breakfastlover #brunchrecipe #brunchideas #eggsfordays #eggrecipes #eggsellent #eggporn #egglover #friedegg #friedeggs #putaneggonit #yolkporn #showmeyoureggs #eggrecipes #dmvfood #dcfoodie #pinefor #eggsforbreakfast #dcfoodporn #dcfoodblog #gnivibes #healthybrunch #healthybreakfastideas